NPI Engineer – Consumables
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Pay Rate: 120-140k annually
A Contract Manufacturing company is seeking a NPI Engineer to join their team in Carlsbad, CA.
The NPI Engineer is responsible for getting new products all the way from middle to late design stages into production, including final stage engineering activities such as design for manufacturability/assembly review and subsequent design updates, test development, build process development and improvement, etc. The NPI Engineer will be responsible for meeting deliverables both related to enabling Manufacturing Engineering and Operations to continue with steady-state Production as well as for delivering units (beta, pre-production, etc.) as they work to complete design transfer from R&D into Production.
- Drive multiple complex, and ambiguous projects as NPI/NPD project lead in the mid-to-late stages of the design life cycle through to manufacturing with very little guidance.
- Create and maintain project plans, schedules, and budgets involving internal and external teams and prioritize based on the overall business and technical objectives aka “Big Picture.”
- Act as a liaison for multiple cross-functional stakeholder teams such as engineering, quality, regulatory, supply chain, operations, top management, and the customer.
- Lead assembly fixture, process design, and development in a hands-on environment.
- Hold projects accountable against Gener8’s phase gate design and development process.
- Become and act as the SME/technical supervisor, tracking work orders + material procurement for engineering/NPI/NPD builds, troubleshooting, and enabling Operations to take over as the project transfers into steady state Production.
- Successfully negotiate difficult technical and logistic issues with highly cross-functional (quality, ops, engineering, regulatory) and senior stakeholders.
- Develop and optimize manufacturing protocols and processes for instrumentation (Work Instructions, Test Instructions, etc.)
- Be the primary customer advocate by regularly providing the customer with status updates as projects go through the transfer process.
- Work with the end customer and internal teams to scope, quote, and propose engineering activities (both new and additions to existing statements of work).
- Minimum BS in Engineering, preference for Mechanical or Manufacturing.
- Strong multidisciplinary technical experience working on complex devices.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills- ability to critically review design and debug issues.
- 6+ years broad product experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, test, quality, and reliability best practices.
- Preference for experience with laser welding, ultrasonic welding, and other plastic joining processes.
- Preference for experience with injection molding and plastic product design.
- Experience in personnel management, mentoring, evaluation, and resource planning.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written).
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.ableteams.com.