A contract manufacturing company is seeking a Planner to join their team!
Job Description: The Planner is responsible to monitor, measure and report production schedules to assure that matched sets of materials and capacities are available to meet the needs of customers and that production schedules are met. This includes management of all planning and production execution data including the creation of work orders identification and management of priorities capacity constraints production monitoring etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implements an effective and appropriate capacity management and production monitoring system.
- Maintains all MRP planning and scheduling parameters for all items.
- Analyzes planned order reports and provides timely release of production work orders specified by the Production Plan.
- Interfaces with production teams and procurement specialists to prioritize the most critical items.
- Identifies and brings to resolution any production demand/supply imbalances in both volume and mix.
- Provides daily guidance and information to the product line team regarding the status of production schedules.
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to the Planning Manager.
- Monitors production progress against scheduling needs and intervenes as necessary to bring deliveries back into compliance with production schedules.
- Identifies and reports opportunities and implements actions continually to reduce waste, shorten lead times, reduce costs etc.
- Reports all scheduling capacity and production tracking data statistics and metrics as defined by the Master Schedule policy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Administration Engineering Finance or related field bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supply Chain Manufacturing or Finance role.
- At least 1 year experience in production planning and work order management
- Advanced level understanding of ERP software systems.
- Good Manufacturing processes knowledge.