Sr. Manufacturing Manager
Job Type: Direct/Full-Time
Location: Milpitas, CA
Pay Rate: 130-140k annually
A Semiconductor company is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Manager to join their team in Milpitas, CA.
This position will work closely with multiple functional areas, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, and design engineers, to optimize materials flows, equipment fabrication, and manpower within the area to meet or exceed business objectives. The leader in this position must drive continuous improvement and remove waste from the assembly and material flows within the manufacturing process.
- Develops, coordinates, leads, and executes production plans to assure smooth workflow; assigns, monitors and reviews the progress, accuracy, and quality of assigned work. Plans and evaluates optimal resource utilization and efficiency of operation to minimize costs and allow for on-time delivery of product to customers. Accurately establishes plant capacity.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing customer requirements.
- Directs, guides, monitors, and evaluates Operations Team personnel to accomplish specific production and supply chain goals consistent with established operational, housekeeping (5S), and safety procedures and processes. Engage in problem solving in complex situations and process improvements in streamlining work processes.
- Responsible for communicating production status, part shortages, interruptions, delays and stoppages encountered to internal customers and manufacturing leadership
- Work closely with inventory planning and purchasing to ensure adequate supply of right materials in the right place at the right time for Team success
- Collaborate with various Project Managers, Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure timely on-time shipments of multiple product lines to our valued customers.
- Develop and implement sound process controls; confirm routine quality and Team Leader checks and ensure all processes and procedures are executed using controlled methods and in accordance with work instructions.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts and projects to improve production methods and processes to produce quality products that meet customer requirements in a cost-effective manner.
- Develops high impact supervisors: Fostering a high-performance culture and holding Supervisors accountable for team development in addition to business results.
- Provides executive leadership to a major manufacturing / supply chain function supporting a large and complex business unit.
- Establishes and monitors production using metrics/budgets through systems and initiates appropriate corrective action as needed and based on results.
- Establishes and controls project schedules, timelines.
- Responsible for leading, developing, and coaching high-performance work teams within manufacturing operations.
- Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; acts as an interface in the establishment of and ensuring conformance to customer/vendor requirements; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment and contribute in a cross-functional and collaborative teams
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge desired
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.ableteams.com.