Principal Product Development Engineer
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Pay Rate: 170-180k
A Contract Manufacturing company is seeking a Principal Product Development Engineer to join their team in Carlsbad, CA.
The Principal Product Development Engineer must be highly skilled and able to manage several projects concurrently with a sense of urgency. The position requires an individual who is creative, energetic and self-motivated. Typically, a Principal Product Development Engineer has 15 or more years of experience in product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design medium to high volume disposable products
- Analytical review of designs using tools such as Finite Element Analysis
- Produce creative mechanical designs
- Interface with customer to determine product requirements, design review, project updates, etc
- Research and contact potential vendors to determine the best possible solution to engineering design challenges
- Determine the most efficient and product means to fabricate prototypes and coordinate fabrication
- Product evaluation including testing, documentation, failure analysis and reliability assessment
- Coordinate manufacturing transfer of completed projects
- Assist with project scheduling and budget as necessary
- Recommend and specify tools, equipment and materials as necessary
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering or similar; MS degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years medical product development experience, especially experience with designing disposable plastic products
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Completes projects on time and budget.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- SolidWorks 3D modeling software
- Experience using Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Visio
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.ableteams.com.